We appreciate the importance of customer privacy as an important part of our relationship with our customers, merchants and partners. We recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
The expression ‘personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Law as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
In order to use this website, you must first complete the registration form and create a username and password. During registration you must provide us with certain personal information. We use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed an interest.
We may then collect further personal information from you at several different points on our website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The kinds of personal information that we collection and hold about you depends on the transactions that you undertake with us.
The kinds of information that we collect and hold may include:
- contact details, contact number and email address
- date of birth
- insurance details
- registration categories
- employment details
- financial information
- health information
- professional interest/practice areas/settings
- credit card details
- information about travel preferences
- other information relevant to your booking that may be of interest to us
- your internet service provider, computer or mobile device when you use our website or mobile app, and you have enabled cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies.
The information that we collect is collected in one or more of these ways:
- through disclosure of such information by you through our website;
- over the phone with our representative; or
- from a third party engaged by you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Typical situations in which we collect and use personal information from you, is if you:
- register through our website
- register for an event
- purchase a product or service
- subscribe to our publications
- express interest in our products and services
- use our website or mobile app
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
As far as possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. However, in circumstances where a product or service is to be provided to you as arranged by a third party, that third party may have provided us with your personal information.
If we collect personal information about you from someone else, we will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware that we have done this, and the circumstances of that collection.
In particular, we will collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
COLLECTION FRON THRID PARTIES
We will collect personal information from registered users who have provided your personal information to us for the purpose of booking our products or services. We will collect personal information from external service providers to whom we have contracted out for specific purposes. We will also collect personal information from third parties who offer products and services to our members or registrants.
We will collect personal information for handling complaints.
If you obtain services from third parties in conjunction with registration with us, the third parties may provide personal information, as far as it is permitted by law.
COLLECTION FROM USE OF WEBSITE OR MOBILE APP
If you use our website or mobile app, we may utilise cookies and any other technologies, which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to service you more efficiently if you revisit our website or mobile app. A cookie or similar technology does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider, computer or mobile device. You can set your browser or mobile device to notify you when you receive a cookie or web beacon, and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Generally, the purpose of collection and holding personal information, and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If we collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent, unless consent is not required by law. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Law and includes information such as health information.
The use of our products and services will require that you identify yourself when you deal with us. If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, then we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that you require.
UNSOLICITED PERSONAL INFORMARTION
- that the unsolicited personal information has been collected;
- the circumstances of that collection; and
If we could not have collected the personal information had we solicited it, we will destroy the information or ensure that it is de-identified as soon as practicable.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes of collecting, storing, using and disclosing you personal information may be to:
- verify your identity
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, such as charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and development of our products and services
- maintain registration records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access and information about current and future services and benefits
- conduct research surveys and consultation to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of our service industry
- provide our partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their products and services
- handle complaints about our products and services
- tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, to promote our products and services or those of third parties.
You expressly consent to the use and/or disclosure of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also expressly consent for us to disclose your personal information to our business partners or other third party providers to facilitate their sending direct marketing communications to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the direct marketing purposes referred to above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, which may include:
- external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions
- our business partners that provide products and services to our registrants
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- our professional advisors
- our related companies
In these situations, we will prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. We will not disclose your personal information to business partners as described above, if you advise us that you do not wish us to please refer to our contact details set out below.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless disclosure is either necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once we have collected personal information from you, we transfer data to our services for storage and processing. You consent to that transfer.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information about collected by us is accurate, complete and up to date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information that you provide.
We require that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer need your personal information for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed or required by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to, or ask us to correct, personal information about you that we hold by making a request in writing to us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
RESOLVING YOUR CONCERNS
If you wish to gain access or seek correction to your personal information, have complaints about a breach of the Privacy Law, or have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is handled, please address the issues to:
PO Box 1068
Surfers Paradise Q 4217
We will respond to your request, complaint or inquiry within a reasonable period.
For more information about privacy issues in New Zealand and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website on www.privacy.org.nz
“We”, “Us”, “Our” mean collectively and individually, Wicked Bucks Pty Ltd, Wicked Stag Pty Ltd, Wicked Hens Pty Ltd, Team Trips Pty Ltd and Wicked Event Management Pty Ltd and their related entities.